As beauty professionals, we understand trying to minimise the effects of acne can be a difficult balance.
Of course, if the acne is mild our LumiSKN products, used as part of a careful home skincare routine, can help to temporarily relieve symptoms and improve the skin’s appearance.
However, if the acne is severe or inflamed home treatments could hamper efforts by irritating the skin and worsening symptoms. In such cases, only professional support in skincare will help.
Working with a professional can ensure any acne facial treatments performed help to minimise the effects of acne by
- Gently cleansing the skin
- Opening pores
- Reducing oil production, inflammation and irritation of the skin
- Killing acne bacteria
- And improving skin hydration.
This is all done whilst minimising any steps which may irritate the skin such as using scrubs or heavy massage techniques.
Being aware of any home treatments clients use, would also be useful to ensure the correct methods and products used match their acne type and severity.
In particular, advising clients of the following is important:
- Perform a patch test before using any new products
- Cleanse using a soap and alcohol-free cleanser, with no artificial colours, fragrances or foaming agents
- Avoid salicylic acid cleansers, as they can irritate the skin
- Leave any extractions, chemical peels, or light therapies to the professionals
- Do not use sheet face masks or those containing artificial dyes or fragrances and alcohols
- Use hypoallergenic or natural moisturisers. Retinol based products can also be useful.
To make your salon as acne friendly as possible LumiSKN technologies can help.
How LumiSKIN can help you to support your clients with their acne skincare routine.
Investing in LumiHYDRO technology can help you to offer a wide range of treatments that will support clients who would like to minimise the effects of acne.
The LumiHYDRO is the industry 8-in-1 facial device, allowing you to expand your salon’s services with the following treatments
- Ultrasonic peel
- Oxygen injector
- Ultrasonic cavitation
- Atomised jet spray
- LED therapies
To help you and your staff better understand your clients’ acne needs and how the LumiHYDRO device can help, we are pleased to be offering a new Acne Awareness training.
This training forms part of our Manufacturer Accredited Training Course, which comes with any purchase of a LumiSKN device for your salon. As well as acne awareness, the training covers subjects such as the Facial Foundation Course, Full operational training of your device and theory and practical course modules.